What is a skill platform?
A skill(s) platform is a software tool for training and keeping a record of employees’ skills.
What are some examples of skills platforms?
Below are commonly used skills platforms:
- Udacity for career building
- Pluralsight for data learning
- Udemy for niche or specific topics
- Skillshare for creative fields
What are the benefits of a skills platform?
Using an e-learning platform, employees can take control of their skills development. E-learning platforms are:
- Less expensive than traditional classroom learning methods
- Flexible to meet the needs of learners in terms of time and pace
- Confidence-boosting, as employees can work and study at the same time
- Able to provide career development opportunities