Information technology has become an integral part of the energy industry and has introduced many new career paths, such as Data Analysts, Automation Engineers, Data Scientists, etc. The HR strategy should adjust dynamically so that the right talent can support technological progress in the business.
Guided by these considerations, HanseWerk wanted to optimize its recruiting and talent sourcing strategy. We defined two main challenges:
- How improved job profiles can attract better talents and how the existing workforce can be developed towards future job requirements.
- How we can utilize competitor benchmarking to analyze the labor market and future orientation of the energy industry.
„HRForecast did a great job simplifying big data to easy-to-understand graphs and statements. Based on the analysis and recommendations of HRForecast possibilities for improvement were identified. The anticipation of trends regarding the development of future job profiles has proven itself as very valuable for us.“
Julia Wendel, Head of Human Resources, HanseWerk AG
1. Definition of the target group
Together with HanseWerk, we defined the target group for the analysis based on industry competitors and other major market players.
2. Data analytics & evaluation
To perform competitor benchmarking, we crawled relevant career websites and significant job portals. The crawlers captured all published job openings of the defined market players. AI algorithms supported the recognition of future trends that are relevant to the energy industry. We analyzed the macro-economic data, providing information about the target group on job demand, skills, and directions.
3. Insights & recommendations
Based on the analysis results, we showed where and how we could optimize the recruiting and talent development strategies.
Key insights & added value for HanseWerk
- Insights about the labor market of the energy industry and other similar companies
- Awareness of the weak and strong points of the company’s job postings
- Creation of future job profiles that display the market view and future trends
- Best-practice job postings that are adaptable for recruiting and talent development strategy.