Being responsible for the wastewater disposal of a major city makes hanseWasser Bremen GmbH a fundamental part of the public infrastructure. HRForecast supported hanseWasser to gain new insights and apply innovative data analysis methods throughout the strategic workforce planning process.
The challenge: the development of long-term and flexible recruiting instruments which ensure that emerging needs in terms of competencies and capacities are covered at all times.
Questions to be clarified:
1. Initial situation
The planning process of HanseWasser Bremen GmbH was accompanied by numerous complex challenges. The central concern was that over 40% of the currently employed 440 people will leave the company due to retirement by 2025.
All internal company data was linked with external, macro-economic data. Future workforce risks and costs impacts were modelled, predicted and comprehensively portrayed. It made it clear where future competency gaps are to be expected.
3. Insights & outcome
We delivered individual simulations and scenarios to model the impact of changing requirements on the workforce structure. This enabled the client to continuously adapt the strategic workforce plan and always stay in control of its workforce.
Within only a few weeks, HRForecast provided hanseWasser Bremen GmbH with tangible proposals for the optimizing the strategic workforce planning process and the design of specific recruiting instruments.
Key insights & value-adds for the client
Results in a nutschell…
- Deployment of a flexible data model for the continuous prediction of the future workforce demand
- Detection of cost-saving potentials
- Quantification of transformation costs for the target workforce structure
- Development of a tailor-made sourcing strategy
- Identification of the future availability of strategic and key roles in the labor market and within the existing workforce