Strategic workforce planning (SWP)
What is strategic workforce planning?
Strategic workforce planning is a process that prepares companies to respond in advance to continuous and inevitable changes in the workplace.
Which areas can be improved through strategic workforce planning?
Strategic workforce planning provides market intelligence for organizations to enable informed decision-making related to:
- Changing customer needs
- Workforce demographics: retirements, remote workers, globalization, etc.
- Closing knowledge and skills gaps
- Succession planning, talent management, and people development
- Workforce deployment and flexibility
- Recruitment and selection
- Learning and development
- Organizational agility
- Maintaining DEI initiatives
How does strategic workforce planning benefit an organization?
Strategic workforce planning helps an organization predict its hiring needs for the near future and the long run, ensuring it has the best talent when required. It takes care of unforeseen circumstances by developing contingency plans.