What is performance assessment?
Performance assessment is the process of measuring how well the employee is performing the skills required for the job.
What is assessed in performance assessment?
Performance assessment considers the observable tasks, behaviors, and attitudes that constitute “the right way to do the job.” Once the performance is assessed, the employee and manager work together to create a plan for the individual to develop skills they may be lacking.
What are the steps involved in the process of performance assessment?
The performance assessment process includes the following steps:
- Identifying the objectives for the employees
- Determining the assessments criteria for the employees
- Setting up the timeframe for the deadline of the objectives
- Checking the achievements of the objectives
- Evaluating the performance