What is part-time work?
Part-time work is a flexible arrangement that means working less than full-time hours. It usually means working fewer days per week, and employees are usually considered part-time if they commonly work fewer than 30 hours per week.
What are the advantages of offering part-time work?
The advantages of offering part-time work for organizations are:
- It retains valued employees who may not want or be able to work full-time
- It enables the employer to cover busy periods efficiently
- It allows more free time, flexibility, and work-life balance for employees
What are the disadvantages of offering part-time work?
The disadvantages of offering part-time work for organizations are:
- It creates difficulty in scheduling meetings, coordinating projects
- It isn’t easy to measure the working hours and performance of part-timers
- It negatively affects the employee’s career advancement