What are capacity gaps?
Capacity gaps represent a significant difference between an organization’s goals and objectives. As a result, an organization fails to follow its mission and vision.
Why do capacity gaps occur?
Capacity gaps occur and widen when:
- The board involved in making operational decisions is not qualified or does not exist
- Performance issues or excessive turnover are not addressed
- Leaders are detached from the rest of the organization
- The organizational communication structure is not well-defined
What are the key indicators of an overly wide capacity gap in an organization?
Key indicators of widening skills gaps are:
- Too few employees to manage the workload
- More employees but less work accomplished
- Employees not having the skills to complete tasks